FGA Sports have built the first global Green Travel Alliance in Sport (GTAS) to bring solutions to the biggest carbon producer in the industry: travel. Up to 90% of emissions are travel related in sport. FGA Sports work with industry to reduce this carbon in travel, mega and mobile events, including fan travel, staff travel and freight.
- We are industry experts in carbon measurement, biofuels and sustainable mobility with a global network and reach
- We have been sustainability consultants with TACKLE since 2019, a UEFA supported and co-funded EU project
- Sustainability consultant Sarah Wilkin has been part of writing reports and going forward will be developing workshops for football associations and ensuring best practice rolls out across associations and clubs
- FGA have joined Sport and Sustainability International as their travel partner working with the team to build the travel alliance and travel pillar with SandSi
- Sarah Wilkin volunteered for Swiss Academy for Development in 2017 and worked with Favela United during the World Cup 2018 on social projects
- On fan engagement we work with Pledgeball. Pledgeball and FGA presented to students at Coding Summer School ,sponsored by Boeing, this June discussing digital solutions for carbon reduction and sport’s ability to make change. We will be developing further workshops this year within the football industry
- Read our step by step guide on The Sustainability Report
- Find out more about our history in sport and development on Green Sports Blog
- You can find some comments from our clients below on the workshops we have facilitated and work we’ve completed with FGA Sports:
“As the regional governing body for football across the West Midlands responsible for 1200 clubs, 4750 teams, 48,000 affiliated games each season & 100,000 participants, we feel it’s important to represent our game and participants on positive climate action, reducing the burden football currently has on our planet. We are really pleased to be working with LIFE TACKLE and FGA in November this year to reduce our carbon footprint further. We have recently adopted one of the best practice sustainable travel solutions and are starting to work with FGA to look closer at other effective reduction methods”Richard Lindsay – Business Insights Manager/Save Today, Play Tomorrow Project Lead – Birmingham County Football Association
“It was a really beneficial workshop and I’ve definitely taken some ideas away.”Ciara Gallagher – Governance & Regulatory Manager, Birmingham City Football Club
Do you want some advice on reducing your footprint?
Do you want to find out more about the Green Travel Alliance in Sport?
Are you looking for consultancy or would like to open up a conversation about reducing your carbon in your sports organisation please email email@example.com for a chat and read more about FGA’s work and services here.