We are very happy to have moderated 2 panels with some excellent panellists and topics at the SAF Congress hosted in Amsterdam this June over 2 days.
*Offtaker and corporate perspectives: Adapting aviation to reduce carbon emissions and make business mobility more sustainable
Nicole Sautter (American Express Global Business Travel) Mariela McIlwraith, Wineke Haagsma (PwC Nederland) Henrik von Storch (Deutsche Post und DHL
*Communicating green: What are airlines and corporate organisations really looking for when it comes to sustainability
With Kim Hardaker of Etihad, Mariela McIlwraith of the Events Industry Council) Patrick Den Elzen of Arena Aviation Capital) and Efren Arellano (Aeromexico).
We were on a panel discussing:
*Scaling up SAF: Highlighting strategies to successfully secure financing for SAF, build projects, attract capital for production scale-up, overcome the valley of death and create a genuine market
With Leigh Hudson (BA), Ausilio Bauen, Sue Yang-Krochmal, Paolo Corvo, Jean Paquin.
We are happy to have discussed our work over the years to support acceleration of SAF awareness and use. To name a few contributions and milestones:
- Booking.com granted in 2018 to work on turning waste into SAF
- We were the first SAF alliance created in May 2019
- Created our own SAF credit in 2019 approved by Gold Standard in which we are now aligning with Book & Claim and we believe was the first introduction of the credit for SAF
- Pioneered sustainable travel and SAF use in the business travel and travel management sector and consulted with , presented to and supported American Express Global Business Travel on SAF, which has now led the partnership with Shell, Clyde Travel Management, CTM and The Business Travel Show, SAP Concur, The Business Travel Association and others
- Pioneers and resident experts in SAF and sustainability in sports working with Formula E, the football sector and FGA are travel partner of Sport and Sustainability International
- Pioneered a female CEO and approach in SAF
- Working with CERN on data solutions for aviation decarbonisation
- Will be with EUROCONTROL later in the year discussing FGA’S role in acceptance of renewables after being invited to lead on societal acceptance by Imperial College London this year in an EU grant
- We have also created a SAF Mechanisms report to support investors and corporates to navigate the alliances and mechanisms out there which includes RSBs Book & Claim which will be available on the SAF congress website and follow up soon
We had a great couple of days catching up with familiar faces and seeing a lot of new ones joining the SAF table.
As a startup in aviation and travel in the pandemic we are happy that, despite many challenges, we are developing our business well and contributing to our goals and the planet’s greater global goals.
Here are a few articles we’d like to share. The ‘say/do gap‘ article and ‘The Economist Sustainability Week‘ article.
Thanks from Sarah Wilkin, FGA – Founder & CEO